Friday, June 1, 2007

Day one of the new and improved Nancy!

I know when I started this blog it was intended to be about cooking and gardening. Well there ain't no gardening going on and my cooking will be focused on lowcarb so I guess this is about to become a diet blog. Sorry in advance to anyone who finds their way here expecting to read about gardening and "real" food. :-)

So this is it. Day one of the new and improved Nancy. I HAVE to get my weight under control and hopefully that will also help with my diabetes, high cholesterol, acid reflux, back and joint problems. That's a lot of hopes to pin on a few (hundred!) lost pounds but I know in my heart that if I get the weight down the other problems will lessen significantly or go away entirely. And I'll be much more likely to live to be that cantankerous old woman I've been practising up to be. :-)

I'm not sure exactly what direction this blog will take. For now I'll be using it as a diet journal. I'll be posting my meals - with recipes if I think it's an exceptionally good one - and anything else that flips into my head. I'm sure there will be an occasional rant and hopefully lot of patting myself on my back as I drop pounds like crazy. (Okay so I can dream can't I?)

My plan is to only weigh once a month on the first. I find if I obsess over the number on the scale I get discouraged too easily. Especially since I have a problem with fluid retention in my feet and legs and I know many days the ups and downs have more to do with water gain/loss than fat gain/loss. That said - todays starting weight is 328 lbs. Actually almost 2 pounds down from when I weighed Tuesday morning which was a "slim ankle" morning as opposed to this mornings' "fat ankles". I don't have my camera to get a before picture but the one I posted here is within a few lbs of where I am now and will do.

Let the journey begin!

5 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

You go for it girl!

I only wanted one blog, and I have trouble enough keeping on top of that...so I dropped the rings and post whatever I choose, lol. Gettin' ornery, huh!

May I hold your hand?

Leah Spencer said...

I think you should reward yourself once you hit 300... oh, say, like fabric. :D

Or make it so you can only buy fabric for every 10 pounds lost - 320, 310, 300, etc. One purchase (it can be more than one item), one place. Will that motivate you? :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you high spirits and positive thinking on your journey. It will be a habit in no time.

Sheila in Ohio, who will be doing South Beach (again) while you follow your program!

Anonymous said...

Ηellо there! I knoω thiѕ іѕ κindа off tοpic
hοwever I'd figured I'ԁ asκ.
Woulԁ you be іnterеsted in traԁing linκs or maybe guеst authoring a blog pоst or νice-vеrsa?

Мy blog gоes over а lοt of the sаme
topics aѕ yours anԁ ӏ believe we could grеatly bеnefit fгοm eaсh other.

If yоu might be intereѕted fеel fгeе tο sеnd me an е-maіl.
ӏ loоk fоrwarԁ to hearіng fгom уou!
Supеrb blοg by the way!

Feеl fгee to νiѕіt my blog poѕt - wholesale granite

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favoritе, I liκe youг site!


Loоk into my blog pοst ... pure
grеen coffeе and colothin cleаnse []