Sunday, June 3, 2007

Food Diary - June 2

7:15a
- BS 125 (not tooo bad after rice/gravy the night before!)

8:45a
- 16 oz. water

9:30a
- BS 117
- 3 eggs scrambled with a bit of cream in bacon drippings
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 slice toast made from low glycemic index bread from HEB. This bread really does live up to it's promise to not raise blood sugars as I get basically the same BS readings when eating the same breakfast with the toast and without.
- 8 oz milk

12:30a
- 16 oz. water

1p
- BS 101
- Smoked pork shoulder (plain with no bbq sauce)
- green beans
- 2 slices tomato
- diet coke

4p
- grilled chicken wrap at Sonic (ditched most of the tortilla keeping just enough to hold it together so it could be eaten with no fork in sight)
- 20 oz water

6p
- peanuts

9:45p
- small apple

1a
- mushroom soup

Downfalls:
- Inconsistent meal times. I'm supposed to eat within an hour of waking. Obviously I have a problem with this.
- poor food choices due mostly to the inconsistent meals and letting myself get way too hungry before eating.
- came home from town and neither of us was very hungy at suppertime nor felt like cooking. So we didn't! I fell asleep about 7, woke up hungry at 930, ate the apple, stayed up for a few more hours and was absolutly STARVING by midnight. Finally caved and heated the soup about 1.
- not nearly enough water!!!!!

Need to work on:
- drink more water!
- try to get regular meals/snacks no more than 4 to 5 hours apart.
- ditch the bread and milk with breakfast, the tortilla from the wrap, and the mushroom soup. NONE of these items are acceptable on Atkins Induction. No they did not cause a significant raise in blood sugar but if I'm going to do this I need to go all the way and not change the plan to suit my whim. It works. I know this as I've done it before. And when I cheat I'm only cheating myself.

Good points:
- BS of only 116 this am even after the after midnight mushroom soup! The best am bloodsugar I've had in a VERY long time.
- Making the best choice possible from the Sonic menu (except maybe a salad and that's hard to eat in the car!) and ditching the part of the meal (the tortilla) that I wasn't supposed to have.

On to Day 3 as the adventure continues.

1 comment:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I have such a hard time getting in my water too!